Monday, January 31, 2011

Message Board using Springtime Vintage Fabric



I made this pretty Message Board for my upline, Carol, for her birthday.  I used Stampin' Up's new Designer Fabric called Springtime Vintage.  I used all 3 fabrics that come in a set; the small Baja Breeze flowers (on the body of the board), the large Rose Red flowers (on the magnet strip on the top of the board), and the small Regal Rose flowers (on the corkboard).  The canvas size is 14" x 18"; I got this size because the fabric comes in a "fat quarter" size of 18" x 28".  Since the fabric is 18" wide, I was able to wrap it around the 14" wide canvas and staple it to the back. 

I then attached the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and adhered Pearls to the spots where the ribbons cross.  I used the Big Shot large Scallop Circle die to cut Cherry Cobbler cardstock circles and covered them with fabric cut out using the Big Shot Clear Circle die.  I adhered fabric to a piece of galvanized sheet metal, then I adhered Regal Rose cardstock to Stampin' Up's Magnet Sheet and ran Carol's initials through the Big Shot Serif Essentials dies.  Next, I adhered a piece of Stampin Up Cork Sheet (6" x 12") to the right side of the canvas.  Finally, I decorated the top of the Message Board with a flower made out of fabric that was cut using the Big Shot Flower Folds XL die. 

I used Tombow Adhesive to adhere most of the items on the board.  Then for a little bling, I added a couple of the new Vintage Flower Adornments located in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I got the layout idea for a message board from fellow demonstrator Becky Roberts' 2010 12 Days of Christmas projects; thanks Becky! 

I hope you like the project and contact me if you have any questions!

ADDED 2/2/11: Thanks to everyone who left me wonderful comments!  Also, I bought the 14x18 art canvas at my local craft store.  I bought the least expensive canvas I could find since it was being covered; it just needs to be one that is stretched and stapled to the back.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

5 comments:

  1. You have incredible talent. This message board is perfection. Keep up the beautiful artwork! Hugs, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,

    That is simply adorable. What a great way to use the SU fabric! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice project!. The color combination's are perfect! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..what an amazing job! So happy I came across your blog. I was actually trying to figure out what to use for the board. So all you used is a canvas??
    Monika

    ReplyDelete